The Broken Earth Trilogy-N K Jemisen
An incredible speculative fiction trilogy of books dealing with a group of people who can control seismic events.
- Character’s growth linked to world building
- Expanded mythology in each book. Starts with a personal story and delves into the whole history of the world.
- Show first, explain later. Jemisen continually presents outlandish things that the audience doesn’t understand and the characters barely grasp, then it explains it much later.
- Different perspectives. In the first book we have I, you and she. Each book finds new ways to tell the story making it feel fresh.
- Examining and challenging power structures whilst never loosing sight of the people involved in that structure.