Wanderlust- Rebecca Solnit
- Walking as holy/ allowing thought.
- Waking as serenity in nature is a product of the middle classes. Need safety. It's a privilege to walk without fear of bandits.
- This freedom ended up removing the aristocracy through right to roam.
- Similarly, it's a privilege to walk without fear of attack as a man.
- Women who walk are often seen as sexual. Consigned to the house.
- Walk is an analogy of a life or tells a story
- People used to walk around mountains not up them. Dragons rumoured to live up the top.
This page modified on 13 Oct 2021 at 15:36